Estate Planning for Families with Children
Families with young children often ask what is the basic, or base level of planning to protect the kids.
This video reviews the key issues:
1) Life insurance to protect the income stream generated by the key bread winner parent.
2) Will – to express the intent of parents about who they love and what they hold dear.
3) Powers of Attorney – empowers someone else to write the mortgage check if there is a medical crisis.
4) Advanced Health Care Directive – provides clarity about our wishes for end of life decisions.
5) Letters of guardianship – gives directions as to who we want to raise the children.