Families with young children often ask what is the basic, or base level of planning to protect the kids.
This video reviews the key issues:
1) Life insurance to protect the income stream generated by the key bread winner parent.
2) Will – to express the intent of parents about who they love and what they hold dear.
3) Powers of Attorney – empowers someone else to write the mortgage check if there is a medical crisis.
4) Advanced Health Care Directive – provides clarity about our wishes for end of life decisions.
5) Letters of guardianship – gives directions as to who we want to raise the children.